Thorburn Australia has provided the Townsville Copper Refinery with engineering and consulting advice since 2011 with the inception of the Port PLC Upgrade Project.
This project saw the replacement of the entire control system from the Tippler through to the Shiploader. Additionally, a new bag house was installed that was also covered under the scope.
Although not directly programming the system, Thorburn Australia was involved with:
• Providing all engineering designs including architectures, risk mitigation (redundant architectures), communication protocols and equipment selection.
• Producing all engineering drawings.
• Providing all new specifications for hardware, software, communications and CCTV
• Project management, HAZOP and Risk Assessment Services.
• 24Hr around the clock Commissioning Service.
We have since been involved with many minor projects including:
• Pinch Press AB PLC Upgrade (PLC5 to Logix including ABB Conductor DCS)
• AB Panelview Conversions
• Casting House HAZOP
• Environmental Water Monitoring Systems (ISCO)