Thorburn Australia has been closely associated with IPL since 2008 when Shane Thorburn was instrumental in the delivery of the Gypsum Booster Pump Station for the Phosphate Hill Plant.
This project was one of the largest undertaken by the client on this site since its construction. Due to the on-going need to continually expand its gypsum stockpiles, a third stage was added to the existing gypsum slurry pumping system. To achieve this, the third stage had to be placed remotely from the plant therefore requiring an entire new electrical infrastructure be built.
The project consisted of a new 11kV Feeder, 2.5km of Direct Buried HV Cable, 2MVA Transformer, 375kW VSD Pumps and associated Substation, MCC, DCS and Instrumentation.
Thorburn Australia have also worked on other IPL sites including the Mooranbah Dyno Plant and Mt. Isa Sulphuric Acid Plant.
Projects have included:
• SynGas Turbine Vibration Monitoring
• RCM Strategy Updates
• Power Station Control System Risk Assessment
• HV Circuit Breaker Remote Operation
• Control System Audits
• Various secondments of personnel to all sites.
• Mt Isa 2014 Turnaround
• Mooranbah Network Audit
• Donkey Boiler Installation
• Internal Standard Reviews
• Instrument Hookup Drawing Reviews
• 690V VSD Review
• Phosphate Hill 2018 Turnaround