Information collection / your privacy
We make every effort to adhere to the Guidelines for developed by the Australian Privacy Commissioner. In particular, we seek to comply with Information Privacy Principles 1 to 3 and 10 and 11 of the Privacy Act 1988 (a copy of the Act is available here).
This page explains the type of information that is collected by us, how such information is used, and under what circumstances and to whom it may be disclosed.
Your email address
We will only record your email address in the event that you send a message by email, use our website contact form, or if you register requesting to become a member to our newsletters. Your email address will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and we will not use or disclose your email address to any third party.
This site contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites. We have no knowledge if cookies or other tracking devices are used on linked websites.
Clickstream data and cookies
When visiting this website our site server makes a record of the visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- the user’s operating system (for example Windows, Mac etc.) – this allows us to tailor browser or platform specific parts of the site to each operating system because browsers act differently on each platform;
- the user’s server address – this allows us to consider the visitors who use the site most, and tailor the site to their interests and needs;
- the user’s top level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au etc.) – this can allow us to tailor information relevant to different domains;
- the date and time of the visit to the site – this is important for identifying the website’s busy times and ensuring maintenance on the site is conducted outside these periods;
- pages accessed and documents downloaded – this indicates to us which pages or documents are most important to our users and also helps identify important information that may be difficult to find;
- duration of the visit – this indicates to us how interesting and informative our site is to our users;
- geographic location – this shows us how well marketed our site is internationally;
- the site visited prior to our website – this helps us determine the interests of our users and which sites are providing links to ours as well as sites where we may be able to seek links;
No attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities unless legally compelled to do so, such as in the event of an investigation, where a law enforcement agency may exercise a warrant to inspect the Internet Service Provider’s log files.
Need further information?
You can obtain further information from the Privacy Commissioner’s web site.
This web site has been created by Thorburn Australia for the express purpose of promoting its products and services to the public. All parts of this website are only for an individual’s viewing and no material, either content or visual may be used; in part or whole, except with the permission from Thorburn Australia.
Thorburn Australia monitors the quality of the information available on this web site and updates the information regularly using it’s backstage content management system.
However, Thorburn Australia does not guarantee, and accepts no legal liability whatsoever arising from or connected to, the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of any material contained on this web site or on any linked site.
Thorburn Australia recommends that users exercise their own skill and care with respect to their use of this web site and that users carefully evaluate the accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance of the material on the web site for their purposes.
Links to external web sites
This web site contains links to other web sites that are external to Thorburn Australia. Thorburn Australia takes reasonable care in linking web sites but has no direct control over the content of the linked sites, or the changes that may occur to the content on those sites. It is the responsibility of the user to make their own decisions about the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of information contained in linked external web sites.
Links to external web sites do not constitute an endorsement or a recommendation of any material on those sites or of any third party products or services offered by, from or through those sites. Users of links provided by this web site are responsible for being aware of which organisation is hosting the web site they visit.
Security of the Thorburn Australia’s web site
Thorburn Australia applies a range of security controls to protect its website from unauthorised access. However, users should be aware that the World Wide Web is an insecure public network that gives rise to a potential risk that a user’s transactions are being viewed, intercepted or modified by third parties or that files which the user downloads may contain computer viruses, disabling codes, worms or other devices or defects.
Thorburn Australia accepts no liability for any interference with or damage to a user’s computer system, software or data occurring in connection with or relating to this web site or its use. Users are encouraged to take appropriate and adequate precautions to ensure that whatever is selected from this site is free of viruses or other contamination that may interfere with or damage the user’s computer system, software or data.